On Imbolc, February 1, I started a project I can’t finish until there are warm, sunny days.
It had been cold and grey for approximately ten million days in Berlin at that point, and it continued to be grey, plus snow and much, much colder. I wanted to make a project that celebrates Spring and green things growing – and I wanted to use UV resin.
However, the UV resin curing-on-the-fly technique I’ve developed requires bright sunlight.
Basically, it only works from April to October in Germany. Much like Vitamin D production! The opalescent Angelina Fantasy Film I glued and melted onto a beaded floral and craft wire armature will be embellished by drips and drizzles and spikes of colored UV resin.
Like the Fire and Water crowns I made last summer, sitting in the boiling sun on the balcony!
Once I had the bead armatures and Angelina Film structure built, I glued on ombre and iridescent beads and peals.
Then, there wasn’t anything else I could do! So I put the two layers of crown armature and other materials I’ll need in what I call a project kit (usually on a paper plate!), and set them aside until Spring. Trusting that Spring will come, trusting that I’ll be here to see it.
An act of faith.
This is my UV resin and Angelina Fantasy Film materials box.
Sourced from all over the world, and all neatly organized, ready for the sunny days!
Some other UV resin and Angelina Fantasy Film projects:
Gothic Rococo Insect Mirror Number 4!
Lux the Limb-Different Non-Binary Fetish Fairy!