I gotta make weird stuff to hold on. I had always wanted a hanging skeleton mermaid, so I bought a commercial one to customize. Of course I cut her spine in half and repositioned her for a nicer pose, and bulked out her pelvis and joints with my beloved Apoxie-Sculpt.
The skeleton came with a lovely pearly tone already!
I painted it with the usual: artists acrylic gradients, interferent blue, and some lovely oyster pearl. Then I add fins of Angelina Fantasy Film and UV resin, in turquoise and milky blue.
Then to decorate!
Gradient pearls, micro glitter, chunky glitter, glitter flakes, microbeads, and clear AB pearls added detail. I beaded some garlands, burned and slashed four different blue tulles, and added hair from the doll parts drawer.
She’s kind of a companion piece to this horrible Preserved Fairy I made some years back.
The Preserved Fairy lives in a cabinet where it can startle my husband, and I hung the mermaid skeleton up behind a sheer curtain at the balcony door, for the same purpose.
I also made this little duochrome UV resin mermaid-in-frame project.
I painted the frame in pastel gradients, added brushings of UV base coat, then duochrome powder, then top coat, and gradient pearls.