I gotta make weird stuff to hold on. I had always wanted a hanging skeleton mermaid, so I bought a commercial one to customize. Of course I cut her spine in half and repositioned her for a nicer pose, and bulked out her pelvis and joints with my beloved Apoxie-Sculpt.
I painted it with the usual: artists acrylic gradients, interferent blue, and some lovely oyster pearl. Then I add fins of Angelina Fantasy Film and UV resin, in turquoise and milky blue.
Gradient pearls, micro glitter, chunky glitter, glitter flakes, microbeads, and clear AB pearls added detail. I beaded some garlands, burned and slashed four different blue tulles, and added hair from the doll parts drawer.
The Preserved Fairy lives in a cabinet where it can startle my husband, and I hung the mermaid skeleton up behind a sheer curtain at the balcony door, for the same purpose.
I painted the frame in pastel gradients, added brushings of UV base coat, then duochrome powder, then top coat, and gradient pearls.
Other mermaid projects:
Skeleton Mermaid Embroidery and Mermaid castle crown – um there’s no post for these, I should make one